Mind your health – Depression – no one is Immune
An overview of depression including its causes, risk factors, diagnosis, classification and management.
In this eLearning Session, Dr. Saliba also discusses the importance of a thorough risk assessment and identification of co-morbidities which may be present in patients presenting with depression disorder. Furthermore, Dr Saliba touches upon the required investigations to exclude organic pathology and the pathways of referral and management in accordance with the biopsychosocial approach.
- To give an overview of the diagnosis, risk factors and classification of depression
- To emphasize the importance of a thorough risk assessment, focusing on risk of neglect and risk to self
- To highlight the available and required investigations to exclude organic pathology in patients presenting with symptoms of depression
- To discuss the management of depression, including pharmacological and psychotherapeutic management options available
- To highlight that no one is immune to depression and the importance of healthcare professionals also taking care of their mental health
Accessing this module requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!