Hepatitis C and the Hepatitis C Elimination Programme
Hepatitis C is an important and significant infection which is today treatable.
This eLearning Session is aimed to provide healthcare professionals with a detailed overview of the Hepatitis C virus and infection, including its potential short and long term complications. This Session is also aimed to provide healthcare professionals with information regarding the major Project being undertaken by the Maltese Healthcare System which aims to eliminate Hepatitis C by treating Hepatitis C positive patient for a period of five years.
- To present an up-to-date overview of the Hepatitis C virus and the Hepatitis C infection
- To give an overview of the prognosis of a Hepatitis C infection and possible complications
- To provide information on Hepatitis C diagnosis
- To give an overview of the treatment options available for the treatment of Hepatitis C including, pharmacological agents available, their contraindications and necessary pre-treatment assessment
- To provide information on the Local Situation as well as the major Hepatitis C elimination Programme being undertaken within the Maltese Healthcare System
|Medical Association of Malta as representative of UEMS||0.5 Credits|
|Malta College of Family Doctors||0.5 Credits|
The certificate holds 1 CME30 point which is equivalent to 0.5 CME credit