Adult Type 1 diabetes in Primary Care
Insulin, which is the mainstay treatment for type 1 diabetes, has been viewed for many years as a secondary care specialised treatment. As the role of primary care physicians gains more importance in the holistic management of patients, it is vital that these same physicians have knowledge and confidence in managing type 1 diabetics and insulin therapy.
- Pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes
- Autoimmune Conditions associated with type 1 diabetes
- Diagnosing Type 1 Diabetes
- Pharmacological Therapy – Multiple Daily Insulin Injections, Continuous Insulin Infusion, Insulin Types, Insulin Requirements, Insulin Dose Adjustments, Insulin Injection Technique
- Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Diagnosing and Preventing Diabetes Ketoacidosis
- Physical Activity and Type 1 Diabetes
- Psychosocial Issues in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes
Accessing this module requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!