Initiation of insulin in Type 2 Diabetes
This session will provide an overview regarding when and how to inititiate and intensify insulin treatment in type 2 diabetes, the different insulin formulations available, the barriers to insulin therapy, how these best be overcome these and insight into issues in special populations.
Session participants will be able to:
- Identify when and how to initiate and intensify insulin therapy
- Select the most appropriate of the available formulations
- Appreciate the barriers to insulin therapy and how best to overcome these barriers
- Appreciate the importance of education of Healthcare Professionals, patients and their relatives
- Manage insulin therapy in special populations